We are dedicated to suicide prevention, the promotion of resiliency, and supporting those impacted by suicide.
Suicide is a leading cause of preventable death in Utah and takes lives without regard to age, income, race, or gender. We are a public-private partnership of community members, suicide survivors, service providers, state and local government officials, researchers, and others dedicated to saving lives and advancing suicide prevention efforts in Utah.
The Utah Suicide Prevention Plan guides our work.
The Utah Suicide Prevention Coalition is dedicated to long-term suicide prevention efforts. Our goal is to reduce suicide rates in Utah by 10% by 2021 with the ultimate goal of zero suicides in Utah.
To help us reach this goal, we’ve developed the Utah Suicide Prevention Plan. We thank all those who contributed to its development. We dedicate this plan to those whose life has been impacted by suicidal thoughts or feelings and who bravely face each day and choose to have hope and continue to live. We also dedicate this plan to survivors who have lost a loved one to suicide and to those professionals, first responders, individuals, and families who continue to engage in this work.
Get involved in suicide prevention.
If you are looking to get involved in suicide prevention efforts, the Utah Suicide Prevention Coalition is a great place to start! We meet bi-monthly on the second Monday of odd months (January, March, May, July, September, and November) from 1-2:30 p.m. except when otherwise noted. We meet at 195 North 1950 West, Salt Lake City (Room 1020). Coalition meetings are an opportunity to receive training and updated information about suicide prevention in Utah. We also have several work-groups (community awareness, training & education, epidemiology, and policy) that meet monthly, focusing on specific strategies to improve suicide prevention efforts.
If you need more information, or want to be added to our email list, please contact us.
Note: We cannot accept financial contributions. If you wish to contribute financially to suicide prevention efforts in our state, please email us and we can connect you with some of our partners.
To contact us about getting involved in the coalition, click the button below.
Our coalition is based on an inclusive model, meaning we welcome participation from all suicide prevention professionals, advocates, survivors, and supporters.
Benefits for members
- Opportunity to receive new information and training on statewide suicide prevention efforts
- Opportunity to network with other suicide prevention professionals and advocates throughout the state
- Strengthened ability to advocate for resources and policy changes to support suicide prevention
- Access to an organized system for resource sharing
Expectations of members
- Share information that is relevant to suicide prevention work, including information about available capacity and resources
- Participate in Coalition-sponsored suicide prevention activities/events when possible
- Utilize best practices for suicide prevention
- (applying what you learned)
Criteria to be listed as a resource on this website
- Must be an active member of the Utah Suicide Prevention Coalition
- Must operate within best practices for suicide prevention
- Must submit request and be approved through USPC leadership
Considerations for coalition meeting presentations
- Must be an active Utah Suicide Prevention Coalition member or partner
- Must submit a request and short description of presentation to coalition chairs
- If asked, meet with coalition chairs to showcase presentation being proposed prior to coalition meeting
Click the button below to email us about any requests, presentations, or information regarding the coalition and membership.